66th Annual Celebration
Join us in Emporia, KS on Saturday, October 6th , 2018 for the 66th Annual White Awards Celebration and Ceremony!
Schedule of Events
Friday, October 6th
• 4:00 PM - 5:20 PM: Book Signing with the Authors - On "The Porch" at The Red Rocks State Historic Site
• 5:30 PM - 6:00 PM: SIGN-IN for the Read-In & Sleepovers
• 6:00 PM - 9:00 PM: Read-In & Sleepover for 3rd through 8th Graders at The Emporia Recreation Commission.
• 8:45-9:00pm: Read-in with visiting authors (space limited to 100 students & adults)
Saturday, October 7th
• 7:30 AM - 8:30 AM: Arrival & Sign In, School Spirit Videos at the Selfie Station
• 8:30 AM - 10:30 AM: Children's Activity Fair & Autograph Sessions with 2018 Award Winners
* All Day - Book and T-Shirt Sales
• 10:45 AM - 11:00 AM: Pep Rally around the Emporia State Campus
• 11:30 AM - 12:45 PM: Awards Ceremony - ESU - Webb Hall Memorial Union
Book Signing with the Authors - On "The Porch" at The Red Rocks State Historic Site (Friday at 4:00pm)
Read-In & Sleepover - (Register early! Space limited to 100 students and adults. Souvenir Bag available for $3 at the Book Signing & Sleepover Only)
Join fellow students for read-ins with the winning authors and sleepovers at the Emporia Recreation Center. Participants must register ahead of time and space will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. One adult sponsor must accompany every 5 students. Students will have the opportunity to meet and talk with the visiting authors during the read-ins. Use the form below to register, or call the William Allen White Library Dean's Office for more information: 620-341-5040.
Autograph Sessions - (FREE) - Memorial Union, Emporia State University - Winning authors will be on hand Saturday morning to sign copies of their books.
Book and T-shirt Sale - Memorial Union - The University Bookstore will sell copies of books by the guest authors.
Children's Activities - (FREE) - Memorial Union/ Web Hall & 2nd Floor Rooms - A variety of activities will be available for student participation during the morning before the ceremony. These activities include:
• Scrabble Dance Party
• Live performances, including a storyteller for Grades 3-5
• Letter to Authors
• Emporia Arts Council - Arts & Crafts Activities
• School Spirit Award - judging for the School Spirit Award will occur at the Selfie Station upon Saturday Morning arrival
Awards Ceremony - ($5 per person) - The festivities will conclude with an Awards Ceremony, at which time student representatives will present our award winning authors with their White Award Medals. The ceremony will include speeches from the authors. Tickets should be ordered and purchased ahead of time to guarantee seats. Tickets will be sold at the door, but seats are assigned from the front of the auditorium to the back. Order early to get the best seats. Tickets paid for by a school check will not incur sales tax. All tickets paid for by personal check or cash will incur sales tax. Please add 8.5% sales tax. Use the form below to order Award Ceremony tickets, or call the William Allen White Library Dean's Office for more information: 620-341-5040.